On our mission to design efficient, sustainable places to work, learn, live, and connect.
Metropolitan Engineering, Inc. | Shapiro-O’Brien (MEI|SO) was founded in 1942 and is the oldest active consulting engineering firm in the Washington DC region with experience in designing hundreds of buildings and thousands of interior renovation projects.
We welcome goal-oriented individuals who are eager to learn and looking for a challenge. Our belief that passion drives innovation contributes to employees' personal development and self-fulfillment.
Our diverse work environment fosters a growth mentality that pushes you to seek out and grab hold of any opportunity that may come your way.
Metropolitan Engineering Inc. provides you with the resources and wisdom you need to obtain your professional and personal goals within the Architectural, Engineering, and Construction community.
Our core values, environment and practices provide attractive benefits for employees:
- Broader exposure and experience
- Greater challenges
- Better compensation and rewards
- Enhanced professional and personal growth
- Less politics and corporate bureaucracy
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
- Working with PM team on coordinating information to and from clients (architects, contractors, project managers, developers, etc.), creating and maintaining project and production schedules (proposals, invoicing, and
- Working with Design team on distributing received information and sending out finalized submissions to clients.
- Working with Construction Administration team on distribution of incoming RFIs and Submittals as well as sending out responses.
(FULL TIME, PART-TIME, OR COLLEGE INTERNSHIP)
- Working with PM team on coordinating information to and from clients (architects, contractors,
project managers, developers, etc.), distributing project information and production schedules,
and creating proposals and billing documents.
- Working with Construction Administration team on distribution of incoming RFIs and Submittals
as well as sending out responses while using BIM 360, Excel to track processes.
Candidates for these positions shall have 0 - 3 years of experience and a B.S. or B.A. degree preferably in Engineering, Architecture, Construction or related fields:
Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Engineering Systems, Energy Systems, Architectural Engineering